Spread the love
- It’s yummy.
- It’s easy.
- It’s pretty.
- It’s healthy.
You seriously need to eat this.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Start to finish: 15 minutes
- 1 onion
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (or other healthy oil)
- ½ – ¾ tsp. turmeric
- A few sprigs parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chop the onion.
- Melt the coconut oil and fry the onion over a low flame until it softens and just starts to brown.
- Cube the sweet potato and add it to the onion. Add enough water to cover the sweet potato about half way. Cook on low heat.
- Add the turmeric and chopped parsley and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally. As you cook, keep an eye on the water. You don’t want to fill the pot with water so that you’re boiling the sweet potatoes, but you don’t want it all to evaporate either. I add a little water several times as it cooks.
- After it’s softened enough to tastes, add the salt and pepper.