This is the last intro stage, before starting the regular Gaps protocol. As you can see below, it isn’t too different from stage 5.
The GAPS intro: stage 6 consists of all the things you could eat in GAPS intro: Stage 5, with the addition of the bolded items.
Introduction Stage 6
1. Start day with a glass of water.
2. Add fruit to freshly pressed vegetable juices. Apple, pineapple, mango. Avoid citrus. Drink on an empty stomach.
3. Drink stock.
4. Scrambled eggs with ghee or animal fat. Serve with avocado and cooked vegetables, especially onion.
5. Add cooked applesauce.
6. Add peeled, raw apple (must be ripe). Gradually introduce other raw fruit and honey.
7. Add raw vegetables. Start with lettuce and peeled cucumber, increasing gradually. Gradually add carrot, tomato, onion, cabbage. Chew well.
8. Roasted or grilled meats. Serve with cooked vegetables and sauerkraut.
9. Olive oil - 1-2 tbsp. per meal.
10. Stews and casseroles made with meats and vegetables (no spices), lots of fat.
11. Whey/sour cream/yogurt/kefir.
12. Fermented fish or smoked salmon.
13. Homemade ghee.
14. Ripe avocado.
15. Bake bread from ground almonds or other nuts and seeds.
16. Add sauerkraut and fermented vegetables to 1-4 teaspoons with every meals.
17. Soup made from stock: onions, carrots, broccoli, leeks, cauliflower, zucchini, squash, pumpkin, (Cabbage, carrots, greens, peppers) - not parsnips, potato, yams
18. Ginger tea
Want to read more about GAPS?
What is the GAPS Diet?
What Can You Eat on GAPS?
GAPS Intro: Stage 1
GAPS Intro: Stage 2
GAPS Intro: Stage 3
GAPS Intro: Stage 4
GAPS Intro: Stage 5
This post was shared with Natural Family Awareness, Food Renegade, the Nourishing Gourmet, and Kelly the Kitchen Kop.