You can make the chicken wings as an appetizer, but I usually make it as the main dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Start to finish: approx. 50 minutes
10 chicken wings (get your butcher to cut them in half if you like)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground curry
½ tsp. salt
Cayenne pepper to taste (optional, add to make it spicy)
1. Pour the olive oil into a large bowl.
2. Add all the spices and mix to make a paste.
3. Don’t make it too thick, though. It’ll have to coat all the wings. Add olive oil if needed.
|Spices mixed with oil|
4. Add the wings and mix.
|Ready for the oven|
5. Spread the wings on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
6. Grill for about 15 minutes on one side until crispy, then turn and grill for another 10 minutes on the other side. I like my wings really well done. Ok, I like them burnt. Basically, grill them to the crispiness you prefer. I find that some wings are ready before the others, so I remove the ones that are done and leave the rest a bit longer.
|Om non nom|
Shared on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms , The Prarie Homestead, Thrifty 101 and Simply Sugar and Gluten Free .
wings, chicken, grill